Monday, September 27, 2010

So many ideas...... hard to choose

Every year I struggle to decide what to use and what to leave behind for another year. Teaching Pre K children is a blessing. They are eager, and excited and hesitant and imaginative, and straight forward.

We have been having alot of fun getting use to our class and our routine. We made a collage this week using our favorite color. We let them use crayons, markers, colored pencils, pieces of construction paper, feathers, and dobbers. They turned out very nicely and allowed lots of freedom of expression. I had tooo many choices for art this week I try to find things that go with the theme or the letter. Favorites was our theme, our letter was Dd, we did dot art using markers making tiny dots to create a picture. You could also do drip art using droppers and thinned tempra, or doodle art, just letting them doodle all over the page. You see what I mean there are tooo many choices. I have used all of the choices I described and probably would have done the drip art had we not been having our pictures made that day. We had to stay clean :)

Next week we will be doing letter Gg and will be using glitter, glue, and green for our art experiences. Well enough for now, I will be adding more later.
Well, the week is now over, and what a messy week. Glitter, glue, garbage painting, and a puppet of our letter friend Gus the Goat. My goodness what a week.
The best part of our goat puppet was we cut a small hole in his mouth so he could eat garbage.
Kid's loved him. Thanks Frogstreetpress for great letter friends.